PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
(A) PRIVACY STATEMENT
PTM Academy Sdn Bhd (737224-U) respects your concerns regarding privacy and this statement is prepared to inform you of the privacy principles on how we collect and use the information provided to us. This Statement contains numerous general and technical details about the steps we take to respect your privacy concerns. The Statement is organized based on a few major areas as listed below:
(B) PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
(B1) Information We Collect and How We Use It
Whenever we collect personally identifiable information from you to provide you with a particular service, we shall ask you to voluntarily provide us with the information we need. We hereby inform you that PTM Academy Sdn Bhd as data user, as the term is defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, have or will collect, record, hold, store, use, disclose and / or process (collectively referred to as “Process”) one, or all of the following categories and / or types of personal information (collectively “Personal Data”) about you:
- master data: name, gender, date of birth, citizenship, marital status, nationality , race, ethnic origin, identification card / passport details, qualifications, occupation, employee, former employer(s), photographs or other images, and voice recordings, student identification number, alumni records, university electoral rolls, examination result transcripts, participation in officially recognized activities, dates of attendance, enrolment status (including active, inactive, full-time, part-time, not enrolled, declined), degrees (pending and received), awards or honors received, the most recent previous educational institution attended;
- contact details: home address, correspondence address, billing address, home phone number and mobile number, email address, work address, work number, emergency contact details, parents and / or guardian details;
- compensation information: amount, currency, number of payments per annual, bank account details, income range, details of applicable scholarship and compensation plans, types of student loans and / or loans applicable to educational purposes;
- any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate form time to time in connection with your commercial relationship with us.
We may also process some or all of the following types of sensitive information about you pertaining to your enrolment with us collectively together with B1(a) to (d) above:
- religious or similar beliefs;
- health condition, and / or;
- the commission of crimes, allegations thereof and / or convictions
The personally identifiable information you provide to us for making inquiry on courses our academy offers is made available to our education consultant for the purpose of attending your inquiry. We will use your Personal Data to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for help in processing the inquiry.
After attending your inquiry and should you wish to proceed with course enrolment, unless you tell us otherwise, the information you provide will be used by us for the marketing of PTM Academy Sdn Bhd and other related PTM Group of companies products.
PTM Academy Sdn Bhd may use the services of third-party company for sending electronic mailers for the sole purpose of marketing, promotion and communication. We may also ask you to provide feedback, to obtain your suggestion and comments about your use of services provided by PTM Academy Sdn Bhd, or for similar purposes. It is your sole discretion should you wish to provide such information.
To the extent that you voluntarily disclose to us any personal information if or not coming within the definition of Personal Data above, of any another individual, we shall assume, without independent verification, that you have obtained such individual’s consent for the disclosure as well as the Processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this notification.
(B2) Sources of Information
Your Personal Data has and / or will be obtained from the following sources, where applicable or such other sources which we may see fit from time to time:
- information provided or submitted by you through, among others, as applicable, Student Enrolment, Form, Enquiry Form, Marketing Events Form, Credit Card Authorisation Form, Parking Sticker Form, School Events Form, Parent Consent Forms, Scholarship Form, Loan Application Form, Survey Form;
- from your usage of our website and any other information you post on our website, email or otherwise send to us;
- as applicable, publicly available or publicly accessible information; and
- such other written or verbal communications or documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our contractual or pre-contractual dealings with you.
As the accuracy of your Personal Data depends on the information you provide to us, please inform us whenever applicable if there are any errors in your Personal Data or if there have been any changes to your Personal Data.
(B3) Purpose of Processing Personal Data
We will process the Personal Data that you have provided to us for the following purposes, where and if applicable, including but not limited to:
- the delivery of relevant notices, services or products to you;
- in order for you to enrol and / or register yourself or your child and / or ward in courses offered by us;
- in order for us to manage and / or process your or your child’s and / or ward’s course application;
- in order to process scholarship applications pertaining to your or your child’s and / or ward’s enrolment with us;
- to notify you of changes in our services and offerings, if any;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- user and / or student relationship management procedures;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service offered by us;
- background checks of users and / or students as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- our internal record keeping;
- for internal auditing purposes;
- collection of outstanding payments and / or fees from students and / or their parents or their parents or guardians;
- prevention of crime including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering bribery;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- conducting marketing and student profiling activities in connection with our services and related products;
- for research, benchmarking, and statistical analysis purposes to develop and evaluate education policies and strategies;
- in order to coordinate lesson planning and support for individual students;
- to enable us to interrogate tests and examination results in order to identify the strengths and weaknesses of students;
- to assess special education needs student may have;
- feedback and enquiry purposes in relation to the services offered by us; and / or
- to enable us and / or our selected authorised third parties to send you information by email, telecommunication (telephone calls and text messages) or via social media concerning related and unrelated services offered by us and our affiliated business partners which may include but is not limited to enrolment related events, surveys, and / or special programmes / courses / events, promotional materials, brochures which we consider will or may interest you and / or your child / ward.
(B4) Securing the Transmission and Storage of Information
We treat the information you provide to us as confidential information, and it is subject to our company’s security procedures and policies regarding protection and use of confidential information. Once the information you provide reaches us, it is stored in hard and / or soft copy. Soft copy data is stored on, amongst others, the file server, email server, personal computers, notebooks, tapes and compact disc.
There are corporate security policies and procedures in place which among others confines access to your Personal Data to authorised personnel only on a strictly “need to know” basis to the relevant and / or applicable department such as the Academic, Registry (Student and Parent Records), Administration, Security, Finance, Scholarship, Loan, Student Services, Business Development, Examination, Quality Assurance, Information System, Library, Teaching & Training, Accommodation, Maintenance, Marketing and Human Resource departments.
We may retain the Personal Data and that of other individuals that you provide to us for a reasonable period in accordance with commercial requirements and at all times subject to prevailing legal requirements.
(B5) Disclose of Information to Third Parties
PTM Academy Sdn Bhd may use the services of third party, such as email service providers, marketing companies that provide varied services for PTM Academy Sdn Bhd, for any purpose other than for the purpose PTM Academy Sdn Bhd specifies. We prohibit the sale or transfer of personally identifiable information to entities outside of PTM Academy Sdn Bhd for any non-PTM Academy Sdn Bhd use without your approval.
Personal Data provided to us will, generally, be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide and / or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a legitimate instruction from a competent or government agency;
- pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- to any scholarship and / or student loan provider, organizations and / or institutions, in relation to the enrolment of students pertaining to the courses offered by us;
- any related companies and subsidiaries of PTM Academy Sdn Bhd, including those established in the future;
- where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business such as insurance agencies / insurers, university partners, PTPK, MOE, JPK, SOCSO, EPF, outsourced external enrichment and co-curricular programme providers, travel agencies / operators, external examination boards, and external school-contracted operators;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our external auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers;
- student testimonial and academic results to facilitate the transfer of students to other educational institutions or for scholarship applications;
- our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate.
Rest assured that consistent with the law, we will only disclose the minimum amount of information which we deem necessary for the purpose and that we will take all appropriate safeguards to ensure the integrity and security of the personal data.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is kept confidential. We will not sell, rent or trade your Personal Data. We shall at all times implement the legally mandated and / or appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorised processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
(B7) Data Transfer & Sharing
In addition, you will appreciate that the nature of our products and services are such that it may be necessary, where we consider it appropriate, for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, to transfer your Personal Data to our affiliates and / or associated companies and / or third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of safeguards.
(B8) Impact resulting from failure to supply Personal Data
It is obligatory for you to provide all of the categories of Personal Data which we request from you mentioned in Section B3(a)-3(t). Failure to supply such Personal Data will:
(a) result in us being unable to provide you (i.e. students / prospective students) with the information, notices, and / or services requested; and / or;
(b) affect the ability of the parties to enter into the necessary agreements in relation to the provision of our services;
(c) It is optional for you to provide all of the categories of Personal Data which we request from you mentioned in B3(u). Failure to agree for us to process such Personal Data will result in us and / or our selected authorised third parties becoming unable to send you information by email, telecommunication means (telephone calls and text messages) or via social media concerning related and unrelated services offered by us and our affiliated business partners which may include but is not limited to enrolment related events, surveys and / or special programmes / courses / events, promotional materials, brochures, emails, SMS etc, which we consider will or may interest you and / or your child or ward.
(B9) Your Rights of Access & Correction
You have the right to, subject to payment of the prescribed fees where applicable, request access to and / or correct your Personal Data and / or limit the processing thereof. In this respect, you may:
- check if we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that your Personal Data is retained by us only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected;
- request that we specify or explain our policies and procedures in relation to Personal Data and the categories of Personal Data processed by us;
- withdraw in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period.
The company and department to whom written requests for access to Personal Data or correction and / or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data is:
PTM Academy Sdn Bhd
No. 12-C, Jalan Teknologi PJU5, Kota Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya
(B10) Changes to Your Privacy Rights
PTM Academy Sdn Bhd may need to change this privacy statement whenever necessary in future. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
For your information, this statement was last updated on 25 October 2017.